Trans European Division
Sevent-day Adventist Church, Trans-European Division is headquartered in St Albans, United Kingdom. It provides two kinds of services: co-operating as an integrated part of the Adventist World Church, and leading and co-ordinating the unions and attached fields.
Ministry to Postmoderns
"Our objective is to be an indispensable source of information and support those who seek to understand and minister more effectively to people of the postmodern culture.
Enjoy your journey and, please, talk to us.
We would like to know if this is helpful and what else we can do to help you in the ministry for Christ."
Miroslav Pujic & Co
From http://www.ministrytopostmoderns.com/explore/books. All of the recommended books are listed. Some of the suggested books are listed.
- Ancient-Future Faith: Rethinking Evangelism for a Postmodern World (1999), by Robert E. Webber
This book recommends:
Humble Apologetics: Defending the Faith Today, by John G. Stackhouse Jr.
The Beauty of the Faith: Using Aesthetics for Christian Apologetics, by Joseph D. Wooddell (Baptist)
Truth or Consequences: The Promise and Perils of Postmodernism, by Millard J. Erickson (Baptist)
Mere Aplogetics: How to Help Seekers and Skeptics Find Faith, by Alister E. McGrath (Angelican Priest)
- A Primer on Postmodernism, by Stanley Grenz
- Structures of the Church, by Hans Küng (Catholic Priest)
- After Our Likeness: The Church as the Image of the Trinity, by Miroslav Volf
- The Hidden Manna: A Theology of the Eucharist, by James T. O'Connor, (Ignatius Press)
- Celebration of Discipline, by Richard J. Foster
- Finding the Heart's True Home, by Richard J. Foster
- Streams of Living Waters: Celebrating the Great Traditions of Christian Faith, by
Richard J. Foster
- Devotional Classics: Selected Readings for Individuals and Groups, by Richard J. Foster
- Healing and Christianity: In Ancient Thought and Modern Times, by Morton T. Kelsey
- Lectio Divina: Renewing the Ancient Practice of Praying the Scripture, by Basil M. Pennington
- The Spiritual Life, by Evelyn Underhill
- Worship, by Evelyn Underhill
- The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives, by Dallas Willard
- To Know as We Are Known: Education as a Spiritual Journey, by Parker J. Palmer
- Christian Doctrine, by Augustin
- Culture Shift: Communicating God's Truth to Our Changing World, by David W. Henderson
- The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog (1976-2009), by James W. Sire
- Who's Afraid of Postmodernism? Taking Derrida, Lyotard, and Foucault to Church, by James K. A. Smith (He is friend of Brian McLaren who has contributed to his writing of the book.)
- Ancient-Future Faith: Rethinking Evangelism for a Postmodern World, Robert E. Webber
- Emerging Churches: Creating Christian Community in Postmodern Cultures, by Eddie Gibbs & Ryan K Bolger. Endorsed by Robert Webber, Karen Ward, John R. Franke, Doug Pagitt and Alan Roxburgh
- Road to Missional: The Journey to the Center of the Church, by Michael Frost. Baptist. Series editor is Alan Hirsch. Back cover endorsements by Ed Stetzer and Scot McKnight
- The Church On the Other Side: Doing Ministry In the Postmodern Matrix, by Brian McLaren
- Emerging Hope: A Strategy for Reaching Postmodern Generations, by Jimmy Long. Endorsed by Brian McLaren and Stanley Grenz.
- Apologetic Preaching: Proclaiming Christ to a Postmodern World, by Craig A. Loscalzo (Baptist)
- The Forgotten Ways: Reactivating the Missional Church, by Alan Hirsch
- Christ and Culture Revisited, by D.A.Carson
- Postmodern Youth Ministry, by Tony Jones
- Post-Modern Pilgrims: First Century Passion for the 21st Century Church, by Leonard Sweet
- Preaching to a Postmodern World: A Guide to Reaching Twenty-first Century Listeners, by Graham Johnston
Leadership & Change Management
- Church Next: Quantum Changes in How We Do Ministry, by Eddie Gibbs & Ian Coffey. Gibbs is a senior professor at Fuller Theological Seminary. He helds seminars for Church leaders about leadership in the emerging church.
- AquaChurch: Essential Leadership Arts for Piloting Your Church in Today's Fluid Culture, by Leonard Sweet
- Leadership Alive: Changing Leadership Practices in the Emerging 21st Century, by Christopher P. Meade. Pastor in a missional church in Boise.
He is a professor at George Fox University where he also teaches spiritual formation. He thanks Brian McLaren in the Acknowledgements.
- The Church on the Other Side: Doing Ministry in the Postmodern Matrix, by Brian D. McLaren
- Crossing the Bridge: Church Leadership in a Time of Change, by Alan J. Roxburgh and Mike Regele.
- Reaching a New Generation: Strategies for Tomorrow's Church, by Alan J. Roxburgh and Mike Regele
- A Primer on Postmodernism, by Stanley Grenz (Baptist)
- Mapping Postmodernism: A Survey of Christian Options, by Robert C. Greer
- Truth Considered and Applied: Examining Postmodernism, History and Christian Faith, by Stewart E. Kelly
- Postmodernism - Local Effects, Global Flows, by Vincent B. Leitch
- Beyond Foundationalism: Shaping Theology in a Postmodern Context, by Stanley J. Grenz (Baptist), John R. Franke
- What Would Jesus Deconstruct?: The Good News of Postmodernism for the Church, by John D. Caputo. Foreword by Brian McLaren. Back cover endorsements by Tony Jones and John R. Franke.
- From Modernism to Postmodernism: An Anthology Expanded, edited by Lawrence E. Cahoone. Contributions by René Discartes, Immanuel Kant, G. W. F. Hegel, Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Charles Darwin, Friedrich Nietsche, Sigmund Freud and more.
Spirituality & Discipleship
- Reinventing American Protestantism: Christianity in the New Millennium, by Donald Miller
- The Missionary Congregation: Leadership and Liminality, by Alan J. Roxburgh
- Revisioning Evangelical Theology: A fresh Agenda for the 21st Century, by Stanley J. Grenz
- An Emergent Theology for Emerging Churches, by Ray S. Anderson, Foreword by Brian D. McLaren
- Truth Decay: Defending Christianity Against the Challenge of Postmodernism, by Douglas Groothuis. Professor at Fuller Theologigal Seminary
- Theology for Preaching: Authority, Truth, and Knowledge of God in a Postmodern Ethos, by Ronald Allen, Barbara Shires Blaisdell and Scott Black Johnston (Presbyterian)
- Renewing the Center: Evangelical Theology in a Post-Theological Era, by Stanley J. Grenz (Baptist)
- Beyond Foundationalism: Shaping Theology in a Postmodern Context, by Stanley J. Grenz (Baptist) and John R. Franke
- Viral: How Social Networking Is Poised to Ignite Revival, by Leonard Sweet
- eMinistry: Connecting With the Net Generation, by Andrew Careaga. Foreword and back cover endorsement by Leonard Sweet.
- Success Secrets of the Social Media Marketing Superstars, by Mitch Meyerson
Essence of Worship
- In Tune with God (2010), by Lilianne Doukhan (Adventist)
- Worship is a Verb: Celebrating God's Mighty Deeds of Salvation (2006), by Robert E. Webber
- Worship, by Rosalie Hafner-Lee Zinke (Adventist)
- Worship Old and New (1994), by Robert E. Webber
- Blended Worship: Achieving Substance and Relevance in Worship (1996), by Robert E. Webber
- Planning Blended Worship: The Creative Mixture of Old and New (1998), by Robert E. Webber
- The Worship of God (1982), Ralph P. Martin (Distinguished scholar in Residence at Fuller Theological Seminary, associate professor of biblical studies at the University of Sheffield, England)
- Free recovery, Await Rescue, by Miroslav Pujic (Adventist)
- Fit or Fat, by Miroslav Pujic (Adventist)
- The Journey of Transformation, by Miroslav Pujic (Adventist)
Relay seeks to encourage, enrich and equip Adventist youth for a life of sharing the saving power of Jesus Christ.
FOUNDATIONS OF YOUTH DISCIPLESHIP & LEADERSHIP
- Nurturing Young Disciples (1995), by John Buckeridge
- Radical Disciples for Revolutionary Churches (1996), by Russell Burrill (Adventist)
- Understanding Teenagers (1993), by Pete Gilbert
- Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry. Youth Specialties (2002), Doug Fields. Rick Warren has authored Chapter 7 and Tony Campolo has authored Chapter 11.
- Discipleship Essentials: a Guide to Building Your Life in Christ (2007), by Greg Ogden. He was director of the Doctor of Ministry program at Fuller Theological Seminary.
- This Way to Youth Ministry: An Introduction to the Adventure (2004), by Duffy Robins. He completed his Doctor of Ministry in Youth and Family Ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary
- Taking Discipleship Seriously: A Radical Biblical Approach (1985), by Tom Sine
- Liquid Church. (2002), by Pete Ward. (Anglican) Back cover: "A visionary book for the emergent church."
- Mass Culture Eucharist and Mission in a Post-modern World (1999), by Pete Ward (Anglican)
- Article: Renewal and Soul Survivor as Distinction and Subcultural Capital, by Pete Ward,(Anglican) in Journal of Belief and Values, Vol. 24 (2003), Number 2, pp.197-206.
- Youth Ministry Handbook. Silver Spring, MD: College Press, 2005.
FOUNDATIONS OF CHRISTIAN YOUTH OUTREACH
- Disappointed with Jesus? Why so many young people give up on God? (2004), by Gavin Calver. He is the National Director of Youth for Christ, a charity founded by Billy Graham.
- They Had a World To Win (2001) by Adriel D. Chilson. Adventist
- Discipleship Guide. How To Be Sure About Your Faith and Shamelessly Share It (2002), by Troy Fitzgerald, Adventist.
- Creating Prodigal Friendly Churches (Berrien Springs, Michigan; Zondervan, 2008), by Jeff Lucas
- Out of the Salt Shaker and into The World (1999), by Rebecca, Manley Pippert. Back cover endorsement by Dallas Willard.
- God At The Mall: Youth Ministry That Meets Kids Where They're At (2001), by Pete Ward (Anglican)
- Getting It Right: A Power-packed Resource for Adventist Youth Leaders (2005)
- Youth Ministry Handbook (2005)
LIFEdevelopment is a discipleship model which takes people on a spiritual journey to understand more about life and how to get more out of life.
http://www.lifedevelopment.info/resources.html recommended Celebration of Discipline, by Richard J. Foster as a
Nurture-resource. Among the Equip-respurces we find The Equipping Church(2001) by Sue Mallory. She is a founding member of Leadership Training Network, a partner organization of Bob Buford's
Leadership Network. Buford has written a back cover endorsed and is thanked in the Acknowledgements chapter.
http://www.lifedevelopment.info/discipleship.html, page 1, quotes The Church on the Other Side: Doing Ministry in the Postmodern Matrix, page 171, by Brian McLaren
- 2013 april: http://www.ted-adventist.org/features-and-analysis/where-have-all-the-leaders-gone (removed) or http://www.ted-adventist.org/sites/default/files/LDJ-April13.pdf The article in Leadership Development Journal April 2013 "Where Have All the Leaders Gone?" by TED-president Bertil Wiklander is based on the Works of Eddie Gibbs and follows his advices. Eddie Gibbs is Professor of Church Growth at Fuller and is a leading contributor to the Emerging Churches. He is Author of numerous books, including ChurchMorph: How Megatrends Are Reshaping Christian Communities: , Emerging Churches: Creating Christian Community in Postmodern Cultures and ChurchNext: Quantum Changes in How We Do Ministry.
- Michael Pearson, DPhil, Principal Lecturer in Philosophy, Newbold College, UK, in Leadership Development Journal, October 2011:
also in tedNEWS, issue 763: http://www.andrews.edu/library/car/cardigital/Periodicals/TED/2013/Issue_763.pdf
The article by is based on Henri Nouwens In the Name of Jesus: reflections on Christian leadership. Among the several citations from Nouwen we read:
'He (Nouwen) reassures us: ”Through contemplative prayer we can keep ourselves from being pulled from one urgent issue to another and from becoming strangers to our own and God’s heart” (pp 28-29).'
Pages directing here: